Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Staying Busy

As many of you know, Joseph travels a lot! (Sorry about all of the sappy FB posts). The point is, I've had to try and stay busy. What other option do I have? The only other ones include Pretty Little Liars, ice cream, sleeping, and repeat. (Yes, I may have done that one a few times).

I've been attempting to pull out my domestic side. I tried out a delicious Veggie Kale Soup.  I ate it straight for a week (yeah it makes a lot). I didn't get sick of it. . .so it either gets better with age or my taste is simply awful.

Veggie Leak Soup

1-3 leaks cut off dark green part, cut in half, wash & cut into small pieces. (Yep, I never knew how to prepare a leak)
4 carrots: clean, skins on, sliced
4 celery stalks, diced
1 (16 oz) can or fresh tomatoes, diced
2 cups dried pinto beans, rinsed
6 cups fresh kale, thinly sliced
1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
salt/pepper
8 cups of vegetable stalk (I may trying to do half veggie and half chicken. I think it might add a little extra zest).
2 garlic cloves, crushed

Combine all vegetables, beans, seasonings (except garlic), & top with stalk in the crock pot. Cover & cook for 8-10 hours on low or 4-6 on high. Add garlic an hour before soup is served. 

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment