Monday, May 7, 2012

Bring on the Summer

I've always been a summer person. I used to lie to myself, trying to convince myself that Winter had wonderful activities making it bearable-that was a GIANT lie. Summer is the only season that should exist. Warm dry air, bright sun, a little bit of sweat occasionally. Oh how I love it. I keep patiently waiting for it to arrive but spring tends to get in the way. I put up with the April Showers in hope that May flowers would begin. . .negatory! I suppose May can have showers too. 


I didn't mean that to sound negative because life is actually going well. . .busy but well. :)
Here are some updates.

1.There is a spider living in my car. Yes, saw it while I was driving down the interstate. Tried to catch it. Almost died. No success. I'm always slightly terrified to crawl into my car.

2. Saw the San Fransisco bridge-pretty sweet. 

3. Velveeta Mac & Cheese-I've been converted. So much better than Kraft!

4. Saw Wicked after 4 failed attempts. It was amazing and I loved it!

5. I have no idea where I'm living after July. . .not even worried about it. 

6. I've developed a "like" for Yoga. . .not ot a "love" yet but I am appreciating the mind/body awareness.

7. I'm still bad at blogging as you can very well see. :)

8. I'm ENGAGED!

Yes you heard me right. Little anti-commital Ashlei is committing. Who would have thunk it? And who is the lucky guy you ask? The one, the only, Joseph Short!  It's the classic story: Boy meets girl. Boy asks girl out. Boy never asks girl out again. Girl accepts "just friends" role. Friendship continues for 5 years. Girl flies to Alaska. Boy and girl wonder if they are "more than friends." And 9 months later they were engaged. :)

If you want an abridged version of the engagement story follow my dear friend Alyssa's blog. She was behind the scenes. http://theveryhappypear.blogspot.com/2012/04/library-love-story.html  If you haven't read her blod before, you should!

One day I'll post my version of it all. . .hopefully before I'm married. :)


This is during Christmas and not my best picture. . .but man do I love him!

Happy Spring Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't be more EXCITED for you!!!! Let the good times roll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a blog update!!! Your random thoughts make me smile :) I love you and am so happy things are going so well for you. Thanks for being an amazingly wonderful friend. You are going to be a beautiful bride Ash! And Joseph is one lucky guy :)

    ...I also agree with you on the whole seasonal situation. Bring on the summer heat! :)

    ReplyDelete