Sunday, September 7, 2014

31 weeks

The time is getting closer and I'm beginning to panic more! Baby's arrival is becoming more and more real. Joseph and I attended a birth class yesterday and came out with our eyes bigger and maybe more concerned. I'm definitely glad we did it, but I may be more terrified for labor now than I was. (I hated my labor and delivery rotation and this just brought me back to it). I'm trying to tell myself that my birth experience is going to be different than all of those that I saw, and to realize that I don't have to watch what's coming out of me. 

I just had my 30 week appointment where I was measuring on track at 31 weeks. Her heartbeat was strong at 140 bpm, and had already rotated! (I hope she stays that way).



Energy: My energy has picked up the last couple of weeks. I'm still constantly tired, but I was that way prior to pregnancy so I've decided it is my norm. 

Weight Gain: 25 lbs! I hate it but keep telling myself that it is completely normal!

Back Pain: It has improved the past couple of weeks. I haven't had to use a heating pad and do my typical activities without much discomfort! I'm sure it will get worse again, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying the break!

Pregnancy Love: I still love feeling her move inside of me. It's so often that I get the reminder that I have a living human inside of me. It helps me feel more bonded to her and realize that I will be holding her before I know it.

Pregnancy Hate: I had cancles (I'm not sure how you spell it). We were in Missouri and walking a lot. I got home at the end of the day and noticed that I no longer had ankles. Not my most favorite moment. 

Movements: She is moving around and I can actually see her move across my belly. Joseph loves being able to watch my stomach move and feeling her little hard bum. She has liked chilling under my right rib as of lately. I can't say I love it, but haven't figured out how to make her move. 

Belly Button: It's still level with my skin and I'm not needing a band aid to cover it yet!

Cravings: I have wanted ice cream and root beer floats like crazy! Every night it has been a constant need. (No wonder I've gained weight). :)

Stretch Marks: None yet

Emotions: I feel a little bit more level headed than I did. No large crying fests that I can remember. :)

So excited to meet our little girl. . .but she can take her time. I'm not ready for her yet. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment