Sunday, October 19, 2014

37 weeks

The time is almost here! I can't believe it. 3 more weeks. . .maybe 5 and I will officially have the title of mom. I don't know if I'm more excited or scared; half of me thinks "ignorance is bliss" and the other half is reading everything I can get my hands on. Joseph has been so sweet and helpful the entire time. He states that he isn't nervous but I think he's putting on a brave-face for me.

I feel like I have been blessed with a fairly easy pregnancy. I don't know that I want to continue for another 40 weeks, but I think I will miss the bump and constant companionship of my sweet little one. There's something really special knowing that you have produced, grown and nurtured a life.

I was able to do a fundraising walk yesterday for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. I'm definitely not in the same shape I was 40 weeks ago, and I definitely waddled the second half. I was ready to sit down after the walk, but was so grateful that this far into pregnancy I could still be outside enjoying life.



Here are some updates:

Energy: I have struggled sleeping the past week. I seem to wake up around 3 and then toss and turn until 6. I can't complain considering it's only been the last week.

Weight Gain: 30 pounds

Back Pain: If I've been standing for a long time I will feel it, but otherwise not too bad.

Pregnancy Love: Her sweet little hiccups are just precious. I feel so bad because she gets them all of the time. It's a reminder that she is real baby and not some creature moving inside of me. :)

Pregnancy Hate: The cankles (or however you spell it) are a constant thing. I sit on a yoga ball at work and never elevate my feet. By the end of the day, my ankles are non-existent. 

Movements: I love feeling her throughout the day. My stomach knots up with most of her movements-I guess because she's so big now.

Belly Button: It's definitely out and showing it's pretty self.

Cravings: Ice cream. I feel like I deserve it every night. 

Stretch Marks: None yet

Emotions: No overall changes in emotions.

I can't wait to meet this sweet little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment