Thursday, October 14, 2010

NO WONDER






Ever wonder why the sky is blue and grass is green. . .












Ever wonder how many grains of sand are under your feet. . .









Every wonder why it's so easy to be afraid of little spiders when they are tiny in comparison to us. . .






Ever wonder how the week goes by so slowly but the weekend so fast. . .








Ever wonder how there's millions of car accidents in the U.S., but you never see an accident in a foreign country where the drivers are beyond crazy. . .





Ever wonder how it's so easy to waste hours of time doing nothing but so difficult to focus and study for just one hour. . .



















Ever wonder why sand scratches off toenail polish. . .









Ever wonder why sugar and fat taste so good yet fiber and antioxidants are an acquired taste. . .








Ever wonder why girls are always searching for the perfect fairytale love story. . .



Answer. . .







WALT DISNEY


Some friends and I were watching Beauty and the Beast a few days ago. Of course, I fell in love, again, with the idea of an enchanted castle. Walt Disney is full of the happily ever afters containing magic carpets, spindles, glass slippers, and of course the handsome Prince! Not to say it is bad, but it of course gives ladies the false pretense that prince charming will ride in on his horse and you will fall in love.






Falling in love is great, but what happened to staying in love? I give props to those who stay in love for years and years.








I think that people like my grandparents are who I should be gaining love stories from. They've been married 67 years (give or take a year) and are still crazy for each other. The cutest couple you'll ever meet!






This of course won't discourage me from watching Disney or encouraging girl-like qualities with princess parties and dress-up with little girls I meet.




Shh, don't tell anyone. I may even join in on the dress-up.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lady,

    I just caught myself up on all your posts :) I love reading them. Its been so long and to be honest this very confident woman that I hear coming out from the pages just seems like such a stranger to me. When I compare her to the shy, I won't say little since you've always towered over me, so I'll say- Young freshman girl I met when I was in my 4th year in college. It makes me wonder all about where you've been the last few years. Anyway. Just wanted to say hi and that your blog is cute. OH and by the way, your post about feeling "Old" made me feel ancient. I turn 29 next week and I'm in a bit of denial. I think my mind stopped accempting my actual age when I was 22. Last year I had some 8 and 9 year old dance students inform me every week "WOw, Miss Brigitte you're older than my mom!"
    Ya so I feel you on that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH and that word Accempting was supposed to say Accepting.

    ReplyDelete